Church of St. George, Tashlyk village

Grigoriopol Orthodox shrines What to see in Grigoriopol

Church of St. George, Tashlyk village

Until the beginning of the 19th century, there was only an old kindling church in the village, which appeared here during the Turkish rule.

In the 1820s, it was decided to build a new church to replace the dilapidated wooden church building. In 1827-1829, with the blessing of Metropolitan Gabriel, a stone church was built in Tashlyk in the name of St. Martyr George the Victorious.

In 1903, the temple was significantly rebuilt and enlarged. In 1935 and 1965, the church was closed twice. The temple reopened for parishioners only in 1988, after the building was returned to the church community.

In 2002, a memorial plaque was installed on the temple building­ that indicates that the church is an architectural monument of the 19th century.

29a, Yakira st., Tashlyk village

+373 777-94-216