Church of St.  Venerable Parasceva of Serbia v Zazuleni

Ribnitsa What to see in Ribnitsa

Description

Church of St.  Venerable Parasceva of Serbia v Zazuleni

The first church built in 1709 in Zazuleni was wooden, as in many other localities of Pridnestrovie. In 1826, a stone church was built. The construction was funded by local landlord and parishioners. In the 1930s, the church was closed, and only in 2009 the church building began to be restored.

The Church of St. Paraskeva of Serbia is one of the few churches of the rotunda type, that is, round in architectural terms. In 1895, a narthex with carved columns was added to the temple. The remains of it can still be seen today.

Gallery