Church of the Ascension of the Lord

Grigoriopol Orthodox shrines What to see in Grigoriopol

Church of the Ascension of the Lord

The stone Church of the Ascension in Grigoriopol was built in 1821 thanks to the efforts of parishioners.

In Soviet times, the church was closed twice – in the 1920s and 1960s.

In 1990 the church building was returned to the Orthodox community.

Three years later they restored the roof, a year later installed the iconostasis and made the interior painting of the church.

The Grigoriopol Church of the Ascension has the status of a monument of architecture and urban development of national importance and is under state protection.

 

11 Shevchenko st., Grigoriopol

+373 210 3 22 87; +373 778-21-471