Church of the Holy Archangel Michael in the village of Parkany

Orthodox shrines Parcany Slobodzeya Villages What to see in Slobodzeya

Church of the Holy Archangel Michael in the village of Parkany

The first stone Church in Parkany, called St. Michael’s Church, was built with the money of the villagers in 1829.­ At the beginning of the 20th century, a new church was built on the site of the old church, following the model of the Bendery Transfiguration Cathedral. This church became the largest in the district.­­ Its fate, like that of other religious buildings of the region, turned out to be tragic: in 1960, during the period of new persecution of the church, the building was­ blown up.

The revival of St. Michael’s Church began in 1998, and ten years later its construction was fully completed.­­ The construction was carried out in the tradition of ancient Russian church architecture, and the sculpture and ornament were made in ­ Byzantine style, typical for modern churches . A little later, a stone statue of the Archangel Michael was installed at the Church fence.­

 

10 Blagoeva str., Parkany village

+373 557 32750