Church of the Holy Archangel Michael Slobozia

Orthodox shrines Slobodzeya What to see in Slobodzeya

Church of the Holy Archangel Michael Slobozia

The first Church in Slobozia – wooden-wattle with a reed roof-appeared back in the days of Turkish rule. The new Church of the Archangel Michael was built in 1804 at the expense of parishioners, already in stone. In Soviet times, the building was converted into a club, then closed, and in the post-war period was transferred to the state bank.

In the late 1980s, spiritual life in Slobozia was gradually reviving. The Orthodox community registered at that time made a lot of efforts to return the Church building to the parish, which it managed to do in 1990.

17, Mikoyana str., Slobodzeya
+373 557 24139