Church of the Holy Great Martyr Demetrius of Solun in Sukleya
Church of the Holy Great Martyr Demetrios of Thessaloniki, Sukleya village
The temple of the Holy Great Martyr Demetrius of Solun appeared in Sukleya in 1866. In Soviet times, before the war, it was closed, and the building was transferred to the club. In the 1940-1960s, the temple was temporarily revived, but later services ceased in it, and the building was first converted into storage facilities, and then transferred to the museum of local lore. In 1990, at the request of believers, the church reopened. Since then, restoration work has been carried out here, the altar was rebuilt and paintings were made. In 2006, a carved oak iconostasis was installed in the church, and a few years later – new crosses and domes.
90 B st. Gagarin, village Sukleya, Slobodzeya district
+ 373 557 7-55-11, + 373 777 11 883