Church of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, Karmanovo village

Grigoriopol Orthodox shrines What to see in Grigoriopol

Church of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, Karmanovo village

Until 1946, the village of Karmanovo was a German colony called Neudorf. The Church building appeared in Neudorf in 1854 thanks to the efforts of German settlers, who wanted to conduct Lutheran prayers. During the Soviet regime, it was used as a club, then as a House for young naturalists. At the end of the 20th century, ethnic Germans living in Karmanovo began to leave for Germany for permanent residence. Thus, there are no Lutheran people left in the village.

The church building was eventually handed over to the Orthodox community of Karmanovo. Since 1997, the efforts of parishioners gradually managed to bring the temple into its proper appearance.

On August 27, 2006, Bishop Justinian of Tiraspol and Dubasari consecrated the church in honour of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God.

65, Oktyabrskaya str., Karmanovo village
+373 210 7-15-34