Franz De Wollant Public Garden

Tiraspol What to see in Tiraspol

Franz De Wollant Public Garden

Franz Pavlovich De Wollant (1752–1818) – engineer of the Russian army, the author of the first master plan for the construction of the future capital of Pridnestro- vie – Tiraspol.

The square, which bears the name of the first architect of Tiraspol, opened on October 14, 2007. Tiraspol residents and guests of the capital love to be here as the square is perfectly located – right between the Dniester embankment and the central square of Tiraspol.

The heart of the square is an improvised alley of bronze busts of historical personalities associated with the city history. The first to appear here was a monument to the great Russian Empress Catherine II, who issued a decree on the construction of the Middle Fortress around which Tiraspol developed. In 2019, a large-scale reconstruction began in the park.