Park named after D.K.  Rodin

Chobruchi Slobodzeya Villages What to see in Slobodzeya

Description

Park named after D.K.  Rodin

The Park with an area of 4 hectares was laid in 1958 according to the project of the veteran of the Great Patriotic War, sculptor Dmitry Rodin.­­ Further, the author constantly transformed the Park, adding new objects. A­ cascade of waterfalls, fountains, artificial­ reservoirs, grottoes, openwork transitional bridges appeared in it­ . Rodin also created many sculptural compositions: “The Rock of Thoughts”, “Rainbow Grotto”, a rock with a “forgotten jug” and others.

By the early 1980s, after almost ten years of D.K. Rodin’s work, the park has gained its modern look. The author sent materials about the park to the All-­Union Contest of Gardening and Park Art, which took place in Moscow at the Exhibition of Achievements of the­ National Economy of the Soviet Union in 1982. In total, 1,600­ projects from all over the USSR were sent to the competition, and the park in the village of Chobruchi became one of only five awarded with the First Degree Diploma and the Great Gold Medal of the Exhibition of Economic Achievements of the USSR.

In 2000, less than a year after the death of D.K. Rodin, the park in Chobruchi was named after the sculptor.

Gallery