The Barrow of Glory

Dubossary What to see in Dubossary

Description

The Barrow of Glory

The Barrow of Glory in Dubossary was opened on August 24, 1968. A T-34 tank, which had been raised from the bottom of the Dniester river shortly before, was installed on its top. A combat vehicle sank during a fi­erce battle to liberate the Dubossary region from German-Romanian invaders in May 1944. The crew of four, which included two Heroes of the Soviet Union, died with the tank. The remains of the tankers were buried at the foot of the barrow.