The Cathedral of All Saints
All Saints Cathedral
The Cathedral of All Saints is one of the oldest in Pridnestrovie. It was founded on April 25, 1797 with the blessing of Metropolitan Gabriel of Dnieper and Tauride (Banulescu – Bodoni).
Construction work continued until 1804. It is known that the construction of the temple was funded by the merchant Mikhail Zoyanov and his partner Ivan Shevich. Before the revolution, the temple had a two-class parish school and an orchard. In Soviet times, the temple was closed, and various institutions, warehouses and services were alternately located in its premises. After the war, in 1953, a cycling school was located here.
The temple was reopened in the late 1980s. Enterprises and residents of the town transferred a large amount of money for its restoration, and the townspeople gave many valuable icons and church utensils. In 1998, Bishop Justinian of Tiraspol and Dubossary consecrated the temple’s altar, to which its former name was returned. Today, icons with fragments of the relics of St. Jonah, the Wonderworker of Odessa, and Metropolitan Gabriel are kept here.
23, Voroshilova str., Dubossary
+373 215 34498