Church of the Archangel Michael, Khrustovaia village

Kamenka Orthodox shrines What to see in Kamenka

Church of the Archangel Michael, Khrustovaia village

The history of the Church of the Archangel Michael in the village of Khrustovaya dates back about three centuries. The current church building, single-domed, in the Byzantine style, was constructed by 1853. The temple stood on a mountain, surrounded by huge blocks of sandstone, towering above the village. In the Soviet period, the church was closed; first, for a long time, a village club was housed in its building, then – a warehouse of pesticides. The restoration of the structure began only in 1991, and at the same time the church was consecrated in honor of the Archangel Michael. The roof was restored; the domes and an iconostasis were installed step-by-step; murals reappeared on the church walls; finally, the cells and refectory were built. In 2011-2012, a large bell tower – 37 meters high with a cross – was erected next to the church and10 bells were mounted on it.

2, Nergrytsy lane, Khrustovaya village, Kamenkа district

+ 373 779 56 695