Gorky cinema

Near the current Gorky cinema, next to the hotel Petrograd there was a Capitol cinema until the middle of the 20th century. In 1954, the construction of a new building was started under the project of the chief architect of the city V.P. Mednek – the author of the master plan of post-war development of Bendery.

Gorky cinema was one of the first in the post-war MSSR. The distinctive architecture of the building with columns, capitals and ornamental molding naturally complemented buildings in the historic center of Bendery and made the cinema one of the symbols of the city.

In November 2009, the Gorky cinema opened its doors after a major renovation. Today it is considered one of the oldest in the republic and remains one of the centers of cultural life of the city.

10, Lenin str., Bendery

+373 552 21019

www.kino-bendery.info