In the 1780s, Nistru formed a 60 kilometers long branch near the village of Chobruchi. The width of its riverbed ranges from 34 to 270 meters, and the depth reaches 9 meters. At the beginning of the 20th century, Nistru began to silt. To prevent the deviation of the river from its channel, a dam was built in 1927. Dimensional stones for it were delivered by carts from the Bychok quarry, railway stations and from other places.
The dam was later destroyed by ice drift and washed downstream. Only the foundation and cascade of stones under water, also clearly visible today, remained in its place. The stone ridge forms a threshold at the entrance to the branch. Its noise can be heard for half a kilometer. That is why local residents often call this place a “waterfall”. It is a favorite place for recreation and fishing.